Mini-Master of Public Health Catalogue
Public Health is the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life, and promoting health through the organized efforts and informed choices of society, organizations, public and private communities, and individuals.
This programme is a 3 months (12 weeks) online certificate course designed for persons who intend to acquire skills that are necessary for the basic public health understanding or practice to catalyse entities that may help curb health problems for individuals and populations.
1. To educate learners on the basic principles and practice of public health
2. To produce graduates who would improve access to healthcare through the evolution of public health and related entities in their contexts of influence
3. To equip learners for future professional development, self-actualization, and practice management
4. To educate learners on the ability to cooperate with individuals, teams or groups and specialists in population health care and appropriate referral
The teaching target of the Mini-Master of Public Health (mMPH) programme is to help learners to grasp the basic knowledge and skills needed to master the basic techniques of public health science and practice, manage a public health facility, and establish the foundation for a sound managerial and capitalist entrepreneurial public health engagement enterprise.
|Foundations of public health|
|Health Systems, Law & Policy|
|Epidemiology and Disease Control|
|Environmental and Occupational Health|
|Health Promotion and Communication|
|Health Economics and Quantitative Methods in Public Health|
|mMPH Capstone (Practicum/Field Work)|
|Other components of the mMPH curriculum|
|Developing your personal career strategy|
|Public Health Business|
|We are the Future|
|Advocacy in Health Care|
|Designing and Developing Healthcare Facilities & Programmes|
|Environmental Impact Assessment|
|Diarrhoea Transmission and Control|
|Stress and our Health and Illness States|
|Behavioural Dimensions in the Concept of Health|
|Nutritional Factors in Health and Illness States|
|Public Health Informatics|
|Communication in Health Education Programmes|
|Working in Resource-Limited Settings|
There are three (3) plans in this programme – Regular Plan, Career Boost Plan, and Business Plan. The details of each plan are given below. You should choose the plan that you intend to run during your application. Notice that enrolment fee differs with each plan (https://orapuh.org/fees).
How to Picture this Programme
There are a number of ways to picture the Mini-Master of Public Health experience; a few of them are:
- As a core training/practice programme
Chances are that you feel this programme is not too related to your career. But that is not true. In fact, the programme is at the heart of your future practice. You cannot practice effectively without considering the impact of your practice on the health of the public.
- As a programme in entrepreneurial capitalism
After taking this programme, you could start your own public health business and build it until it becomes a profitable and enduring business that is sustainably prominent in the marketplace
- As a programmee in Administration
The knowledge and skills that you gain from this programme could help you to enhance viability, productivity, and sustainability in your present workplace or other facilities that you manage
- As a programme in Business Administration Business strategies and methods are freely taught throughout each module of the programme. The knowledge and skills you acquire during the programme would help you to begin and/or boost your business or career and optimise them to maximise profit and minimise loss
- As a core science programme
Public health’s principles and practices are predicated on scientific evidence and methods. Taking this programme stimulates scientific reasoning in you
- As a programme in teaching
The programme prepares you to teach others these principles that you learn taking the programme. All you need to do is adapt the teaching to the peculiarities of your context. Today, you are being taught Public Health, tomorrow, you could be teaching others!
- As a programmee in research
This programme stimulates your appetite for research.
- As a programme in learning to reason critically
The challenging presentations of scenarios in lectures catalyze critical reasoning in learners. The field practicum trips keep students thinking and desiring more experiences. Weekly lectures also stimulate the same feelings in students.
- As a programmee in learning to generalize
Public health is a microcosm of other bigger medical/health concerns. Managing a public health facility effectively inspires the trust that one could manage bigger facilities. This impression is a true feeling. This programme encourages you to think along that line.
Projected Prospects after Taking this Course
After taking this course, a learner should be able to
- Manifest increased dental public health knowledge and skills
- Land a new job or promotion, or enhance their CV
- Possess sharpened skills
- Attract a salary raise
- Start a public health business/organization or improve the revenue generation, organization, and operations of an existing facility
- Enhance the operations of their own business/organization or their present work place
- Use their knowledge and skills to manage any health facility or project
- Help society better or give back to society
Plan to join a cohort that is most suitable for your time and budget.
1. Session 2023/1: January 10 – April 1, 2023
2. Session 2023/2: April 3 – June 24, 2023
3. Session 2023/3: June 26 – September 16, 2023
4. Session 2023/4: September 18 – December 9, 2023
Click here for other provisions of the catalogue