Who We Are
Orapuh, Inc. is an international, independent oral & public health information, education, and research organization incorporated in The Republic of The Gambia (C10443).
Orapuh exists to give under-served populations swift access to astute information, education, and research in the under-served biases of the oral and public health disciplines.
The name of the platform derives from the niche of the Organization. Orapuh stands for the portmanteau, Oral and Public Health (‘Ora’ from ‘oral’, ‘pu’ from ‘public’, and ‘h’ from ‘health’).
What We Do
The Orapuh Team works to improve access to health information, catalyse health career skills, strengthen oral and public health education and research, and promote favourable health outcomes in resource-limited contexts.
Team members operate from Universities, Colleges, hospitals, and research institutions in Africa, Europe, North America, and Asia,
and are associated with at least one of our affiliated entities.
How We Do It
We support the development of oral and public health manpower, services, and consumer products in resource-limited contexts by catalyzing aggravated access to information, research, learning, and innovation in the under-served disciplines of oral and public health through:
Goal 1: help people live healthy lives through the provision of simple but superior information and education in oral and public health disciplines
Goal 2: provide unencumbered and speedy access to oral and public health information, research, and innovation
Goal 3: provide the public with flexible and affordable oral and public health learning opportunities
Goal 4: promote the oral and general health of people in underserved populations
Goal 5: promote basic, secondary, and tertiary (higher) education in oral and public health
Goal 6: partner with national and international bodies to conduct research and provide oral and public health information, education, and services
Goal 7: do any other thing that contributes to the vision and mission of the Organization
What We Do Differently
1. We focus, exclusively, on the oral health and public health domains
2. We have an uncompromising resolve to offer, only, under-served information, research, innovation, and education to under-served populations
3. We prime astute research as a tool for advancing knowledge and societal transformation
The Orapuh Family
There are 10 entities in the Orapuh Family that work in synergy to execute the mission of the organization. These entities are treated as separate, independent entities with their own areas of focus but contribute their strengths and expertise, immensely, to the promotion of oral and public health information, education, and research among under-served populations.
The entities that are currently in the Family are:
1. Orapuh School (OS): fast and flexible oral and public health learning opportunities
2. Orapuh Journal (Orap. J.): journal of oral and public Health
3. Orapuh Literature Reviews (Orap. Lit. Rev.): a repository of oral and public health micro texts
4. The Orapuh Community (TOC): interface between the organization and the oral and public health stakeholders
5. Orapuh College of Scholars (OCS): postgraduate college of oral and public health professionals
6. Orapuh Academic Repository (Acad Orap Rep): a repository for academic oral and public health documents
7. Orapuh Press (OP): publishing and selling academic oral and public health books
8. Orapuh Protocols (OraPro): oral and public health methods, and guidelines
9. Orapuh Stores (OSt): general oral and public health merchandise
10. Orapuh Blog & News (OBN): blogging and news
Memberships and Partnerships