To avoid food poisoning at home, ensure proper food safety practices:
1. Clean: Wash hands, surfaces, and utensils regularly.
2. Separate: Keep raw meats away from other foods to prevent cross-contamination.
3. Cook: Use a food thermometer to ensure foods are cooked to safe temperatures.
4. Chill: Refrigerate perishable foods promptly at or below 40°F (4°C).
5. Avoid expired foods: Check expiration dates and discard any spoiled or expired items.
6. Hygiene: Maintain personal hygiene while handling food and avoid touching your face.
7. Leftovers: Consume or freeze leftovers within a few days to prevent bacterial growth.
By following these guidelines, you can minimize the risk of food poisoning at home.